Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Conversations Magazine, March/April 2024

Thursday, July 21, 2011

PROFILE: Charlene Amoia


 by Cyrus Webb

Following your dreams is not easy, but the rewards that comes from doing what you love and enjoy are priceless. Ask Charlene Amoia. She has been able to use her ability to bring characters to life through acting to pursue a career that has brought her not just acclaim but genuine joy. I've watched interviews with her online as she is talking about her latest project or her journey in the entertainment industry and she seems to smile from the inside as she talks about experiences and what's next for her.

Already she has been seen on notable shows such as Days of Our Lives, How I Met Your Mother and even Glee. No matter where you will find her, though, you can be sure that she is giving you her own.

In this interview with Conversations she talks about her beginnings, her personal view of success and what's next for her.

Charlene, when did you first realize that the way you were going to express yourself to the world was going to be through entertainment?

On my very first audition I caught the acting bug and realized there was nothing else I wanted do in my life.  I've never regretted my decision.

 

As you went through the process of honing your craft, what kept you motivated?

I'm constantly inspired by other actors, directors and musicians.  Watching other artists make creative breakthroughs pushes me to excel beyond my own personal limits.

 

Individuals who have achieved the amount of recognition that you have would see themselves as successful. What does success look like for you personally?

Success for me is being in a position where I'm able to help others.  Being involved with charitable organizations such as Step Up Women's Network, 100 Million Miracles and Women for Women International makes me proud to do what I do.

 

Any advice you want to give for aspiring actors and actresses looking to pursue their dreams?

Stay true to yourself, find many creative outlets and don't ever listen to the no's.

 

What should we be on the lookout for next from you.

Just did a great guest star on Nickelodeon's "iCarly" that will air in October, a Hallmark movie with Melissa Gilbert called, "The Christmas Pageant" and I will be playing Thomas Ian Nicholas' wife 'Ellie' in the new American Pie movie "American Reunion" that will come out in April of next year (2012).

 

Thanks for your time and congratulations on your accomplishments, Charlene. How can our readers keep up with you online?

I just got on Twitter @CharleneAmoia and am on Facebook as well.  Thank you for having me!

No comments:

Post a Comment